From: munck@community-chest.mitre.org (Bob Munck)
Subject: 9X and the NEED for preprocessing
Date: 14 Dec 89 14:17:40 GMT	[thread overview]

Dave Emery is essentially raising an interesting question sequence:

IF the use of preprocessors for Ada code is at all wide-spread THEN

   ASSUME uncontrolled use of random preprocessors is not in
          agreement with the general principles of Ada use;

   IF the things being done with preprocessors can
      be done easily and understandably in legal Ada THEN

      Write a note/article/book describing the problems being solved
      with preprocessors and the way they should be solved with Ada;

   ELSE

      IF some set of Ada-9X revision suggestions
         would make it possible to do so in Ada-9X THEN

         List them and describe how they solve the problem;

      ELSE

         ASSUME the Ada-9X revision submission period is over;
         Suggest that we have a problem

      END IF
   END IF
END IF

(My apologies for the cutesy if-then-else format.)  I think it's likely
that the result of "running the program" is to suggest that we have a
problem, but I'm not at all familiar with the submitted suggestions.

                                  -- Bob Munck, MITRE McLean