From: munck@STARS.Reston.Paramax.COM
Subject: Re: Ada mode for emacs
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 93 18:19:26 -0400	[thread overview]

In INFO-ADA Digest V93 #58, Rolf Ebert <ebert@enpc.fr> said:

> I don't want to start an editor flame war, but the best editor (IMHO)
> that I've ever seen or used is GNU-Emacs. ... hilight package for Ada
> which puts keywords in black-bold, comments in red-italic, ...
> ... full featured Ada mode for Emacs with templates, automatic
> indentation, online LRM and some other goodies ...

Along with that, I'd recommend the "hyperbole" hypertext package -- also
an emacs extension -- from wilma.cs.brown.edu:pub/hyperbole.  This will
allow you to structure your source code, documentation, tests, design
documents, requirements documents, etc. as a hypertext with links from
one to another.  Possible uses:

 - trace forward and backward from requirements to design to code to test

 - click on an identifier in the code and see its definition or
   references to it in the documentation.

 - structure documentation like an on-line HELP system, with point-and-
   click indices, cross-references, etc.

 - call up graphic editors to see requirements or design diagrams.

emacs and hyperbole have quite a bit of support for invoking programs; I
wonder if we could integrate GNAT with them?

Bob Munck