From: amado.alves@netcabo.pt (Mário Amado Alves)
Subject: maximum number of lines per spec
Date: 10 Sep 2003 00:29:02 -0700
Date: 2003-09-10T07:29:04+00:00	[thread overview]

(I've changed the subject because it was having problems with spam
blockers. Go figure ;-)

> > I'm planning to include the requirement (in Bases 2) that the package
> > spec for each container type should be small, say one page long.
>
> Fair enough, but what is a 'page'? It seems to depend on your system, font
> size, etc., which makes it a lousy criteria. I'm used to a 25-line 'page' in
> my editor -- which clearly is too limited to do anything useful at all. I'd
> suggest a recommended maximum number of lines per spec. (Randy)

Absolutely. I was thinking about the printed page, A4 size (or the
similar US size). That is about 50 lines with the 'usual' font size
(10 to 12 points).

However note the relation between lines and source-code is also fuzzy
because format is free in Ada.

So I'm also thinking in terms of class of entity count e.g. 3 exported
types, 10 subprograms.

But before we have a better grasp here, I'll propose the 50 lines
limit. It's a recomendation only, so no problem.