From: gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com (Gautier)
Subject: Re: Bare metal text I/O in Ada
Date: 22 Mar 2005 01:01:11 -0800
Date: 2005-03-22T01:01:11-08:00	[thread overview]

John McCormick:

# I do have access to the BIOS.  But my application runs in protected
# mode.  I am starting to gather up some documentation on VGA and will
# try to see if I can access the video memory directly.  I know that I
# can access the I/O ports in protected mode.
#
# A silver lining to the whole thing is that the keyboard problem might
# make a good exercise to introduce my students to Ada interrupt
# handling.

If it can help:
http://homepage.sunrise.ch/mysunrise/gdm/gsoft.htm#dos_paqs
It is GNAT & DOS-centered, but some pieces access the BIOS;
there are example of interrupt programming from protected mode.
Gautier     --     http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/index.htm
Ada programming -- http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/gsoft.htm