* AdaGIDE question
@ 2004-08-01  5:10 John J
From: John J @ 2004-08-01  5:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm only very new to both ADA and the AdaGIDE. I'm currently typing out my
second ADA program using the AdaGIDE and it is automatically adjusting the
case of some of the words I'm typing in. How do I turn this facility off?

Thanks for any help

* Re: AdaGIDE question
@ 2004-08-01 19:05 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2004-08-01 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

"John J" <g_001@hotmail.com> writes:

> I'm only very new to both ADA and the AdaGIDE. I'm currently typing
> out my second ADA program using the AdaGIDE and it is automatically
> adjusting the case of some of the words I'm typing in. How do I turn
> this facility off?

Another way of looking at it is "how do I grow to love this feature?"!

I don't know how AdaGIDE defaults, I hope it's to the generally
accepted standard -- eg,

   with Ada.Text_IO;

   procedure Hello_World is
   begin
      Ada.Text_IO.Put_Line ("hello world!");
   end Hello_World;

I understand that you're in a different position, and I have no wish
to say you should do things one way or another, but I find it very
helpful indeed that code can at least _look_ clean, tidy and standard
with minimal effort!

--
Simon Wright                               100% Ada, no bugs.

* Re: AdaGIDE question
@ 2004-08-02 11:44 ` Gautier
From: Gautier @ 2004-08-02 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

"John J":

> I'm only very new to both ADA and the AdaGIDE. I'm currently typing out my
> second ADA program using the AdaGIDE and it is automatically adjusting the
> case of some of the words I'm typing in. How do I turn this facility off?

Menu: Tools / Options / Editor options / Reformat on enter keypress

HTH
Gautier  --  http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/gsoft.htm