From: gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com (Gautier)
Subject: Re: Ann: TeXCAD 4.0 (-\epsilon)
Date: 11 May 2003 02:34:20 -0700
Date: 2003-05-11T09:34:20+00:00	[thread overview]

Preben Randhol:

> > How much work would it be to port it to GtkAda 2.0?
> I guess the major work is porting the drawing widget?

Not so much: the drawing is done in the generic package
TC.Display, i.e. in the platform-independent
part (unlike all TC.GWin.*). All you have to provide
is the appropriate placeholders for ClearScreen, SetColor,
PutPoint, SetLineStyle, Line, Rectangle, Ellipse, Arc,
SetTextJustify, OutTextXY. See TC.GWin.Display for an example.
It is straightforward.

The real "platform-dependent" challenge is to manage the
interactivity: windows, menus, scrolling, mouse's ergonomy.
Each system has its own specialities: multi-document windows
and registry for MS Windows, on mouse button on the Mac,
application owning a menu and windows (rather Mac) or a main
window owning a menu inside of it as well as subwindows whose
menus overlap the main menu, etc., etc.)
Gautier  --  http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/gsoft.htm