From: gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com (Gautier)
Subject: Re: Speeding up Ada procedure?
Date: 27 Feb 2003 00:38:51 -0800
Date: 2003-02-27T08:38:52+00:00	[thread overview]

Papandopulo:

> I have certain procedures dealing with
> large arrays which are potential performance
> bottlenecks. While they didn't cause
> performance problems yet I intuitively
> feel they will.
>
> Is it a way to remove runtime array
> bounds and other checks for particular
> procedure ?

There are pragmata suppress (standard) and it
is meaningful to apply them. What I do for
number-crunching with big matrices is
to compile the whole with two different option sets

1/ a "debug" without suppressing anything, no optimization
   and eventual compiler-dependent extra checks

2/ a "compute" one with suppress_all, plus all optimization
   goodies provided by the compiler, including loop-unrolling

You can always add a few before-calculation explicit
checks to verify data consistency, e.g.
Gautier  --  http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/gsoft.htm