From: gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com (Gautier)
Subject: Re: another text_io
Date: 22 Dec 2002 15:15:53 -0800
Date: 2002-12-22T23:15:53+00:00	[thread overview]

> >> - place the cursor wherever I want (like gotoxy in Pascal)
> >
> >That sounds like some vendor-specific add-on rather than Standard Pascal.

Jan:

> Well, that's implemented in Borland/Turbo Pascal, Free Pascal, GNU
> Pascal, ...

More precisely, in Borland's Crt unit that is imitated for compatibility
(good idea) by Free and GNU Pascals. But what about DEC (no, Compaq, no, HP)
Pascal ? Or the "pc" you find on a Unix station ?...
And there is not everywhere the good old 80x25 text area - e.g. as you
observed, the NT/2K console which is rather a succession of lines.

Standard in Pascal are Read, Write, Eof, Reset, etc. for which you find
equivalents in Ada.Text_IO.
Gautier  --  http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/gsoft.htm