From: gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com (Gautier)
Subject: Re: AdaGide on Windows
Date: 10 Oct 2001 06:25:12 -0700
Date: 2001-10-10T13:25:13+00:00	[thread overview]

John Foley:

> gnatbind -x hello.ali
> program: Cannot find: gnatbind.exe.ali
> gnatmake: *** bind failed
> Done--error detected.
>

> I guessed that these errors had to do with environment settings
> so I played around with the dialog in
> Tools | GNAT options in current directory ...
>
> All of my efforts thus far have failed
> so I turn to Usenet, any help would
> be greatly appreciated.

This is a "long name with spaces" problem: gcc is confused by
spaces; the remedy consists in modifying the registry. Hereafter
a bug report sent to ACT (this is about GNAT 3.13p):

_______
At installation some registry entries for pathes with some long
names cause a confusion for gnatmake: the path "c:\program files\gnat"
contains an space. Sometimes, from AdaGIDE or command line (CMD),
gnatmake stops at binding with the message "program: cannot find
gnatbind.exe.ali". If you replace the entries with the short name
(e.g. "c:\progra~1\gnat") everything is OK.

The "confusing" keys are ROOT in
  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ada Core Technologies\GNAT

and GNATCOM in
  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ada Core Technologies\GNAT\Standard Libraries