From: Patrick <patrick@spellingbeewinnars.org>
Subject: Re: LLVM and GCC (was: Forking old GMGPL libs ?)
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 07:04:57 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-10-06T07:04:57-07:00	[thread overview]

I'm home :) I love this list, thanks for all the great feedback

Thanks Stephen L and Florian

 Hi Simon

"I think you may have the wrong end of the stick here."

I can see why you would say this. This is not the typical BSD vs GPL thing. I actually want the option to release under what IMHO would be a more restrictive license. There are a few no-commercial use licenses that look promising.

 Thanks again Georg

Between your last post and a snippet from Simon's, I might be getting the picture now. Is it that GMGPL allows GPL code to ship without source but does not allow it to link to otherwise GPL incompatible code like BSD?

 Hi Brian

GNAT is immense and I don't really think I have the skills to do anything with it but in a tribute to Ada, someone of my skill level can still read it. It is about 10X easier for me to read Ada then C. Thanks for the DragonEgg tip

 Hi Ludovic

As always, it's great to see you helping on the list day in and day out :)