From: barmar@think.COM (Barry Margolin)
Subject: Re: INFO-ADA Digest V88 #47
Date: 10 Mar 88 17:13:09 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <709@moogvax.UUCP> terry@moogvax.UUCP (Terry Westley) writes:
>In article <17701@think.UUCP> barmar@fafnir.think.com.UUCP (Barry Margolin) writes:
>I know about DELAY, ACCEPT, SELECT, and entry calls, but what is an
>INITIATE statement?

Perhaps my Ada text ("Programming with Ada: An Introduction by Means
of Graduated Examples", by Peter Wegner) is out of date (it was
published in 1980, so it was based on the original spec).  INITIATE is
the statement it uses to start a task.  I don't actually do any real
programming in Ada, so I haven't kept abreast of all the little
changes that were made to the language between the time Green was
chosen and it was standardized.

Barry Margolin
Thinking Machines Corp.

barmar@think.com