From: gvls1!aviary!dmarshal@louie.udel.edu  (Dave Marshall)
Subject: Re: conditional entry call ?
Date: 23 Sep 92 21:08:02 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <1992Sep22.232926.25966@cs.uno.edu>, shengru@cs.uno.edu (Shengru Tu)
 writes:
> But is the following code legal, where I put another entry call stmt in
> the position of "stmt":
>           select
>                 T2.E2;
>           or
>                 T3.E3;
>           end select;

That code is not legal.  I humbly offer the following substitute construct:

LRM 9.7.2 presents an example procedure SPIN to demonstrate select-else.
One could similarly do the following (although it's bogus, IMHO):

loop
   select
      T2.E2;
      exit;
   else
      select
         T3.E3;
         exit;
      else
         null;
      end select;
   end select;
end loop;

The moral:  If you find yourself compelled to implement a select-or construct,
maybe you should reevaluate the way you're doing things.  The code I have
presented is garbage, and it should be used only if absolutely necessary.
--
                                           Dave Marshall
                                           dmarshal@stars.reston.unisys.com