* Eclipse Plug-In
@ 2006-08-10 16:57 Fifth Horseman
From: Fifth Horseman @ 2006-08-10 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Time to revive the Ada plug-in for Eclipse discussion.  I haven't seen any
posts more recent than a year ago, so I am about to get started on trying to
create my own solution.

If anyone has a working (or partially-working) solution they're willing to
share, I'd love to see it.  I don't have any prior experience writing
Eclipse plug-ins, so I might be getting in over my head, but we'll see how
successful I am.

* Re: Eclipse Plug-In
@ 2006-08-10 17:12 ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2006-08-10 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 10.08.2006, 19:57 Uhr, schrieb Fifth Horseman <asmjk1@comcast.net>:

> Time to revive the Ada plug-in for Eclipse discussion.  I haven't seen
> any
> posts more recent than a year ago, so I am about to get started on
> trying to
> create my own solution.
>
> If anyone has a working (or partially-working) solution they're willing
> share, I'd love to see it.  I don't have any prior experience writing
> Eclipse plug-ins, so I might be getting in over my head, but we'll see
> how
> successful I am.

Well, Aonix made one and in the small print they say it even supports GNAT.

--
Martin Krischik
krischik@users.sourceforge.net

* Re: Eclipse Plug-In
@ 2006-08-10 17:20   ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2006-08-10 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 10.08.2006, 20:12 Uhr, schrieb Martin Krischik
<krischik@users.sourceforge.net>:

> Am 10.08.2006, 19:57 Uhr, schrieb Fifth Horseman <asmjk1@comcast.net>:
>
>> Time to revive the Ada plug-in for Eclipse discussion.  I haven't seen
>> any
>> posts more recent than a year ago, so I am about to get started on
>> trying to
>> create my own solution.
>>
>> If anyone has a working (or partially-working) solution they're willing
>> share, I'd love to see it.  I don't have any prior experience writing
>> Eclipse plug-ins, so I might be getting in over my head, but we'll see
>> how
>> successful I am.
>
> Well, Aonix made one and in the small print they say it even supports
> GNAT.

Sorry forgot that link:

http://www.aonix.com/adt.html

Martin

--

@ 2006-08-11  0:29   ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2006-08-11  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Krischik wrote:

> Well, Aonix made one and in the small print they say it even supports GNAT.

My recollection, though, is that it is a bit pricey for the one-man-shop,
either $995 or $1995, I can't remember which...

-- Marc A. Criley
-- McKae Technologies
-- www.mckae.com
-- DTraq - XPath In Ada - XML EZ Out

* Re: Eclipse Plug-In
@ 2006-08-11  2:15 ` Jeffrey Creem
From: Jeffrey Creem @ 2006-08-11  2:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fifth Horseman wrote:
> Time to revive the Ada plug-in for Eclipse discussion.  I haven't seen any
> posts more recent than a year ago, so I am about to get started on trying to
> create my own solution.
>
> If anyone has a working (or partially-working) solution they're willing to
> share, I'd love to see it.  I don't have any prior experience writing
> Eclipse plug-ins, so I might be getting in over my head, but we'll see how
> successful I am.

The CDT group (C/C++ developers toolkit) seemed interested and eager to
help anyone interested in exending that toolkit to support Ada though
there really has not been any mail list traffic about that in about a year.

It is not clear to me that adding on top of CDT is the quickest/best
choice. it may be faster to do something more direct and limited but it
is worth a look.

Other are correct that there exists non-publically available eclipse
plugins. (Aonix and DDCI and to some exent AdaCore).

Another thought for a starting point is that there are several colorizer
plugins for eclipse that are Ada aware. That is obvious a far cry from
real Eclipse integration.

* Re: Eclipse Plug-In
@ 2006-08-12 12:10 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2006-08-12 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Fifth Horseman" <asmjk1@comcast.net> writes:

> Time to revive the Ada plug-in for Eclipse discussion.  I haven't seen any
> posts more recent than a year ago, so I am about to get started on trying to
> create my own solution.

AdaCore just announced GNATbench, a plug-in for Eclipse fully
supporting GNAT.

It will probably make it into a public release sometime.

--
-- Stephe

* Re: Eclipse Plug-In
@ 2006-08-16 17:41   ` Tom Grosman, Aonix
From: Tom Grosman, Aonix @ 2006-08-16 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Martin Krischik" <krischik@users.sourceforge.net> a �crit dans le message
de news: op.td2vfa0gz25lew@super...
> Am 10.08.2006, 19:57 Uhr, schrieb Fifth Horseman <asmjk1@comcast.net>:
>
>> Time to revive the Ada plug-in for Eclipse discussion.  I haven't seen
>> any
>> posts more recent than a year ago, so I am about to get started on
>> trying to
>> create my own solution.
>>
>> If anyone has a working (or partially-working) solution they're willing
>> share, I'd love to see it.  I don't have any prior experience writing
>> Eclipse plug-ins, so I might be getting in over my head, but we'll see
>> how
>> successful I am.
>
> Well, Aonix made one and in the small print they say it even supports
> GNAT.
>
> --
> Martin Krischik
> krischik@users.sourceforge.net

Yes, AonixADT (Ada Development Toolkit) is an Ada development plugin for
Eclipse. It supports ObjectAda as well as GNAT (and not just in small print
:-). ADT currently runs under MS Windows, Intel Linux and Sparc Solaris
environments.

We will very shortly be releasing the latest version which will be freely
available, so stay tuned.

Tom Grosman, Aonix

* Re: Eclipse Plug-In
@ 2006-08-16 18:10     ` Ed Falis
From: Ed Falis @ 2006-08-16 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tom Grosman, Aonix wrote:
> We will very shortly be releasing the latest version which will be
> freely
> available, so stay tuned.

Very nice, Tom.  Good to hear you're still around the Ada community,
too.

- Ed

* Re: Eclipse Plug-In
@ 2006-08-17  3:20     ` Simon Williams
From: Simon Williams @ 2006-08-17  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tom,

any chance of it working on mac osx?

jim

> Yes, AonixADT (Ada Development Toolkit) is an Ada development plugin for
> Eclipse. It supports ObjectAda as well as GNAT (and not just in small print
> :-). ADT currently runs under MS Windows, Intel Linux and Sparc Solaris
> environments.
>
> We will very shortly be releasing the latest version which will be freely
> available, so stay tuned.
>
> Tom Grosman, Aonix

* Re: Eclipse Plug-In
@ 2006-08-17 10:35     ` Alex R. Mosteo
From: Alex R. Mosteo @ 2006-08-17 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tom Grosman, Aonix wrote:

> Yes, AonixADT (Ada Development Toolkit) is an Ada development plugin for
> Eclipse. It supports ObjectAda as well as GNAT (and not just in small
> print
> :-). ADT currently runs under MS Windows, Intel Linux and Sparc Solaris
> environments.
>
> We will very shortly be releasing the latest version which will be freely
> available, so stay tuned.

:drooling:

* Re: Eclipse Plug-In
@ 2006-08-17 11:18       ` Tom Grosman
From: Tom Grosman @ 2006-08-17 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Simon Williams" <williams@ntlworld.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
160820062316580419%williams@ntlworld.com...
> Tom,
>
> any chance of it working on mac osx?
>
> jim

Unless you're talking about Eclipse running in a Windows emulator on the
mac, then I'm afraid the answer is no. While AonixADT is of course written
mostly in Java, there are some bits that are system dependant, including
prebuilt executables.

-Tom

* Re: Eclipse Plug-In
@ 2006-08-18  3:01         ` Jim Hopper
From: Jim Hopper @ 2006-08-18  3:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thats to bad.

I don't suppose you would let someone port those bits if they sign an
NDA??