* GPS does not start with the welcome window
@ 2015-07-31  7:53 EGarrulo
From: EGarrulo @ 2015-07-31  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have configured GPS to show the welcome window (the window that lets you select a project when you start GPS) by enabling the "Display welcome window" option in "Edit -> Preferences -> General".  Yet, the welcome window does not appear.  Instead, GPS always starts with an empty project and I must select my project manually every time.

I am using GPS 6.1.1.

What could be the problem?  Thank you.

* Re: GPS does not start with the welcome window
@ 2015-07-31 15:19 ` Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2015-07-31 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 12:53:54 AM UTC-7, EGarrulo wrote:
> I have configured GPS to show the welcome window (the window that lets you select a project when you start GPS) by enabling the "Display welcome window" option in "Edit -> Preferences -> General".  Yet, the welcome window does not appear.  Instead, GPS always starts with an empty project and I must select my project manually every time.

Try to start GPS at a directory where no GPS project exists. The user guide to find out more regarding this subject.

Anh Vo

* Re: GPS does not start with the welcome window
@ 2015-07-31 18:08   ` EGarrulo
From: EGarrulo @ 2015-07-31 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 5:19:36 PM UTC+2, Anh Vo wrote:
> On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 12:53:54 AM UTC-7, EGarrulo wrote:
> > I have configured GPS to show the welcome window (the window that lets you select a project when you start GPS) by enabling the "Display welcome window" option in "Edit -> Preferences -> General".  Yet, the welcome window does not appear.  Instead, GPS always starts with an empty project and I must select my project manually every time.
> >

> Try to start GPS at a directory where no GPS project exists. The user guide to find out more regarding this subject.

That was the problem, thanks.