From: blakemor@software.org (Alex Blakemore)
Subject: Re: File name conventions for Ada units
Date: 3 Oct 90 17:00:25 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <2152@enea.se> sommar@enea.se (Erland Sommarskog) writes:
> Coming from the VMS world I find this strange. The normal file type for Ada
> files is .ADA, and if you use it you have to tell that to the
> compiler, but if you prefer .FOR you can do so.

You mean if you follow the .Ada convention, you DON'T have to tell
the compiler. I agree enforced file name suffixes are unreasonable.
Even better, some systems (e.g. Rational) don't view source as files
- you edit the actual library units.  This problem never arises.

Alex Blakemore                       Internet: blakemore@software.org
Software Productivity Consortium     UUNET:    ...!uunet!software!blakemore
2214 Rock Hill Rd, Herndon VA 22070  Bellnet:  (703) 742-7125