* Crosstargeting on a Mac
@ 2006-07-01  0:00 Marius Amado-Alves
From: Marius Amado-Alves @ 2006-07-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

Would I be able to install a crosstarget version of the GNAT (Ada
2005) on my Mac (10.4)?
I would have to build it from sources, right?
Anyone did it?
I am specially interested in targeting Linux.
Thanks a lot.
--Marius

* Re: Crosstargeting on a Mac
@ 2006-07-02 10:39 ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2006-07-02 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marius Amado-Alves wrote:

> Would I be able to install a crosstarget version of the GNAT (Ada
> 2005) on my Mac (10.4)?
> I would have to build it from sources, right?
> Anyone did it?
> I am specially interested in targeting Linux.
> Thanks a lot.

Not sure. There is https://libre.adacore.com/ and a MAcOS version of GNAT in
https://libre.adacore.com/. So native development is not out of the
question.

Martin.

--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net

* Re: Crosstargeting on a Mac
@ 2006-07-02 13:32   ` Marius Amado-Alves
From: Marius Amado-Alves @ 2006-07-02 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Krischik; +Cc: comp.lang.ada

> Not sure. There is https://libre.adacore.com/ and a MAcOS version
> of GNAT in
> https://libre.adacore.com/. So native development is not out of the
> question.

Not sure what you mean. I do compile natively for Mac and Linux. I
was asking about the possibility of compiling on Mac for Linux.

(I seem to remember installing GNAT or GCC once that could do
something like that.)

* Re: Crosstargeting on a Mac
@ 2006-07-02 15:39     ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2006-07-02 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marius Amado-Alves wrote:

>> Not sure. There is https://libre.adacore.com/ and a MAcOS version
>> of GNAT in
>> https://libre.adacore.com/. So native development is not out of the
>> question.
>
> Not sure what you mean. I do compile natively for Mac and Linux. I
> was asking about the possibility of compiling on Mac for Linux.

I see. I once tried for Windows on Linux and that was a real pain and in the
end I never got it up an running. But "for Linux" might be easier.

> (I seem to remember installing GNAT or GCC once that could do
> something like that.)

gcc alone won't work - you need binutil as well.

Martin
--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net