From: quiet_lad <gavcomedy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Has anyone tried Minix3 + Ada?
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 03:52:36 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-06-13T03:52:36-07:00	[thread overview]

On Jun 11, 6:06 am, Patrick <patr...@spellingbeewinnars.org> wrote:
> Thanks Jacob
>
> Yup. Minix3 looks heavy for embedded work, but it looks good for learning purposes. If the high reliability is true, it might be a nice pair with Ada in an embedded application that that is powered from the grid.
>
> Have a great day-Patrick

minix 3 might not be as battle tested as free/net/open-bsd or
archlinux.
Minix 3 I like idea, but short hardware list is tuff, and in terms of
reliablility software raid and trunking of 2+ nics into 1 virtual nic
on unixes I mentioned seem to help with hardware failing.  I am not
sure about solaris, but smartos and illumian are available free as
well.