From: joe@petsd.UUCP (Joe Orost)
Subject: Record rep specs for private components
Date: 10 Jun 89 00:16:52 GMT	[thread overview]

We're having a discussion within the posix-ada group about the legality of
record rep-specs for record components of a private type.  I want to find
out what current compilers accept.  Can a few of you try this on various Ada
compilers (Don't bother if you have VERDIX or SYSTEAM; I tried those):

   package a is
      type aa is private;
   private
      type aa is range 0..1000;
   end a;

   with a;
   package b is
      type bb is record
         bbb : a.aa;
      end record;
      for bb use record
        at mod 2;
        bbb at 0 range 0..15;       --Legal?
      end record;
      x : bb;
   end b;

Please send mail.  I will summarize to the net.

				regards,
				joe

--

 Full-Name:  Joseph M. Orost