From: Marius Amado-Alves <amado.alves@gmail.com>
Subject: Irreflective girl, our Ada
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 15:48:22 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-03-22T15:48:22-07:00	[thread overview]

I am trying to know a subprogram name from its access value. GNAT has part (all?) of the device in place for this.

   GNAT.Traceback.Symbolic.Symbolic_Traceback
    ((1 => My_Subprogram'Code_Address))

gives the desired name. Note that must be 'Code_Address, not 'Address (this is important). And compile with the -g option, etc.

But what I have is a pointer to a subprogram (if I had the identifier I would not need this), and alas

   GNAT.Traceback.Symbolic.Symbolic_Traceback
    ((1 => My_Subprogram_Ptr.all'Code_Address))

does not compile. Is there a way to convert Access to Code_Address (not Address)? Or any other trick to get the name of a subprogram identified solely by its Access value?

Thanks a lot.