* Tracing procedural calls when an exception is raised
@ 2012-01-20 15:03 tonyg
From: tonyg @ 2012-01-20 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

When using the gnat compiler is there a way to get hold of the
procedure or function stack when an exception is called.

I am using at the moment

 Ada.Exceptions.Exception_Information(Error)

within an exception handler and I am looking for better information

* Re: Tracing procedural calls when an exception is raised
@ 2012-01-20 15:08 ` mockturtle
From: mockturtle @ 2012-01-20 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yes, you need to use a special option at compile time and then addr2line. See

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.1.2/gnat_ugn_unw/Tracebacks-From-an-Unhandled-Exception.html

* Re: Tracing procedural calls when an exception is raised
@ 2012-01-20 16:44   ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2012-01-20 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

mockturtle <framefritti@gmail.com> writes:

> Yes, you need to use a special option at compile time and then addr2line. See
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.1.2/gnat_ugn_unw/Tracebacks-From-an-Unhandled-Exception.html

Are you using Mac OS X? if so, see http://goo.gl/XGpQf

* Re: Tracing procedural calls when an exception is raised
@ 2012-01-20 16:52     ` tonyg
From: tonyg @ 2012-01-20 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jan 20, 4:44 pm, Simon Wright <si...@pushface.org> wrote:
> mockturtle <framefri...@gmail.com> writes:
> > Yes, you need to use a special option at compile time and then addr2line. See
>
> >http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.1.2/gnat_ugn_unw/Tracebacks-From-...
>
> Are you using Mac OS X? if so, seehttp://goo.gl/XGpQf

haha..no , using Debian :)

* Re: Tracing procedural calls when an exception is raised
@ 2012-01-20 17:16       ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2012-01-20 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 08:52:29 -0800 (PST), tonyg wrote:

> On Jan 20, 4:44�pm, Simon Wright <si...@pushface.org> wrote:
>> mockturtle <framefri...@gmail.com> writes:
>>> Yes, you need to use a special option at compile time and then addr2line. See
>>
>>>http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.1.2/gnat_ugn_unw/Tracebacks-From-...
>>
>> Are you using Mac OS X? if so, seehttp://goo.gl/XGpQf
>
> haha..no , using Debian :)

Then see:

    GNAT.Traceback.Symbolic.Symbolic_Traceback

It should work under Debian.

You can even let the GPS open the file and jump to the specified source
line from the traceback.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov