From: Martin Krischik <krischik@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: KDE Anyone?
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:14:41 +0200
Date: 2004-03-31T15:14:41+02:00	[thread overview]

chris wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone know of a KDE binding for Ada.  I looked on the net and found
> someone had started one.  Where's it at?  Is it active?  The post talked
> about having a fairly substantial binding to QT, but it was July 2003.
> What's happened since then?

Well there is  QtAda 95: http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtada

But the project seems dead.

> How hard is it to bind to C++?  I gather objects complicate things a
> lot.  Would using a C++ based binding on Linux force me to move to
> something like Gcc 3.xx based compilers.  This is not really a problem
> (I like playing with experimental sw!), it's simply that AFAIK there's
> no firm schedule on when the Ada compiler in Gcc 3.xx will be stable.
> Like I say not a problem, just something I need to account for.

I don't know.  There are quite a few pragmas for c++ support but I have not
found and docu or examples which clearly state how to use them. One could
try the make a binding to QString and see how it goes.

With Regards

Martin
--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net