From: "Jeffrey R. Carter" <spam.jrcarter.not@acm.nospam.org>
Subject: Re: Compiling Ada from another directory
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 00:01:01 GMT
Date: 2007-09-13T00:01:01+00:00	[thread overview]

rotinom wrote:
> Hey all.  I'm working with a build tool that pretty much requires me
> to build from a single directory, and I'd like to place the objects in
> another directory.  This has proven great with everything else, but
> when it comes to Ada, I'm hitting a brick wall.

You should understand that this is not an Ada question. This is a
compiler question. Different compilers will handle this differently. You
really should specify your compiler, compiler version, and host and
target platforms.

 From your examples, I'm going to guess that you're using some version
of GNAT, self targeted on some version of Windows.

Project files provide a simple way to specify that GNAT's compilation
artifacts (.o and .ali) go in a different directory. A careful reading
of the secret documentation (probably the GNAT Users Guide) will tell
you about switches such as -I that give you further control over where
it will look for things.

--
Jeff Carter
"Go and boil your bottoms."