From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: GNAT GPL 2007 Problems with generics
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 16:14:37 +0200
Date: 2007-05-15T16:12:46+02:00	[thread overview]

Hi there,

Does anybody know anything about the following problem. When a generic
package A instantiates another generic package B and refers to a subprogram
C from its body, then under certain circumstances (I cannot figure out
when), everything compiles, but then fails in gnatlink on "undefined
reference to xxxx" From the cryptic name xxxx, it seems that the module it
fails to find is the subprogram B.C (an instance in the instance of A)

The name xxxx has the pattern:

<name_of_instance_of_A>__<name_of_instance_of_B>__<name of C>__2X

P.S. I observed the effect on Windows 2003 Server

P.P.S. Does GNAT GPL 2007 share generic bodies?

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov