* Quick Oracle Connection ...
@ 2018-01-15  9:26 tonikaparallele
From: tonikaparallele @ 2018-01-15  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum. my problem is an ada connection to an oracle database. Are there simple and stable solutions that can be used quickly?

Thank you in advance! Rolf.

* Re: Quick Oracle Connection ...
@ 2018-01-15  9:59 ` gautier_niouzes
From: gautier_niouzes @ 2018-01-15  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I'm new to this forum. my problem is an ada connection to an oracle database. Are there simple and stable solutions that can be used quickly?

What is your problem actually ?

_________________________
Gautier's Ada programming
http://sf.net/users/gdemont/

* Re: Quick Oracle Connection ...
@ 2018-01-15 10:08   ` tonikaparallele
From: tonikaparallele @ 2018-01-15 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Montag, 15. Januar 2018 10:59:16 UTC+1 schrieb gautier...@hotmail.com:
> > I'm new to this forum. my problem is an ada connection to an oracle database. Are there simple and stable solutions that can be used quickly?
>
> What is your problem actually ?
>
> _________________________
> Gautier's Ada programming
> http://sf.net/users/gdemont/

- connect from ada-program to oracle db
- read / write some data
- commit
- disconnect

regards rolf.

* Re: Quick Oracle Connection ...
@ 2018-01-15 10:50 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2018-01-15 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 15/01/2018 10:26, tonikaparallele@gmail.com wrote:

> I'm new to this forum. my problem is an ada connection to an oracle
> database. Are there simple and stable solutions that can be used quickly?

Ada ODBC bindings:

    http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/components.htm#ODBC_Bindings

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: Quick Oracle Connection ...
@ 2018-01-15 12:22   ` tonikaparallele
From: tonikaparallele @ 2018-01-15 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Montag, 15. Januar 2018 11:50:56 UTC+1 schrieb Dmitry A. Kazakov:

> > I'm new to this forum. my problem is an ada connection to an oracle
> > database. Are there simple and stable solutions that can be used quickly?
>
> Ada ODBC bindings:
>
>     http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de/ada/components.htm#ODBC_Bindings
>
> --
> Regards,
> Dmitry A. Kazakov
> http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de

Thank you so much, Dimitry! In addition to my other activities, it seems too time-consuming to understand everything to do some simple database queries. Is there any example programs? Unfortunately I have little experience with communication ada-oracle. Regards Rolf.

* Re: Quick Oracle Connection ...
@ 2018-01-15 13:20     ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2018-01-15 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 15/01/2018 13:22, tonikaparallele@gmail.com wrote:

> Thank you so much, Dimitry! In addition to my other activities, it
> seems too time-consuming to understand everything to do some simple
> database queries.

You mean SQL, or how to create connection, prepare statement, bind
arguments, walk the result set?

> Is there any example programs?Unfortunately I have little experience
> with communication ada-oracle.

It is no different from how ODBC is used in other programming languages,
a bit simpler because the environment, connection and statement objects
are controlled, so there is less to care about releasing handles.

There is a test program that calls all API operations, there are many
Ada application programs that use ODBC. And you can easily translate C
ODBC sample code.

It quite straightforward:

1. Declare ODBC_Environment
2. Declare ODBC_Connection
3. Connect to the RDBMS

4. Declare ODBC_Command
5. Prepare (set a SQL statement)

6. Bind parameters, if any
7. Execute the command

8. Fetch the result set

9. Get_Data for a column of the fetched row in the result set, if any

    repeat 9 if many columns
    repeat 8 if many rows
    repeat 6 to execute same statement anew
    repeat 5 to execute another statement

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: Quick Oracle Connection ...
@ 2018-01-15 14:51     ` gautier_niouzes
From: gautier_niouzes @ 2018-01-15 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Thank you so much, Dimitry! In addition to my other activities, it seems too time-consuming to understand everything to do some simple database queries. Is there any example programs? Unfortunately I have little experience with communication ada-oracle. Regards Rolf.

You can get some inspiration from this:

https://github.com/TurboGit/Ada-ODBC/tree/master/demos

NB: this is another ODBC binding probably with different names, but with some substitutions it may help a bit for getting a working example.

* Re: Quick Oracle Connection ...
@ 2018-01-17 20:52 ` tonikaparallele
From: tonikaparallele @ 2018-01-17 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks to all, but I give up ....