From: Pascal Obry <pascal@obry.net>
Subject: Re: Ada DLL called from C
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2016 18:45:16 +0200
Date: 2016-08-09T18:45:16+02:00	[thread overview]

Le mardi 09 août 2016 à 18:29 +0200, Dmitry A. Kazakov a écrit :
> You mean a DLL may not have library-level tasks? I was not aware of
> this, but that could be the reason indeed. I have some library-level
> tasks.

A DLL cannot create tasks during its initialization indeed. This means
that you cannot create task in DllMain entry point. So a DLL cannot
have a library level task. You can use an access to task and initialize
it later.

> 1. Do you know the reason why?

I don't know, that's just a plain limitation of Windows. Nothing to do
with GNAT.

> 2. Why binder does not warn me about that? It is a statically
> detectable case.

The binder does not know you're building a task, does it?

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B