* BOOCH diagram generators
@ 1994-12-26  8:09 Magnus Ericson
From: Magnus Ericson @ 1994-12-26  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

My company is looking for a program that given a set of Ada source files
can produce a BOOCH style diagram of tasks, packages etc.
The program should preferably run on SPARC and produce Postsscipt output.
The applications we intend to use it on is not huge but neither is it
a "toy-system". This means that the product need to break the system
into several diagrams and that it should be fairly "robust".

All suggestion are appreciated!

Regards
Magnus

* Re: BOOCH diagram generators
@ 1994-12-27  9:41 ` David Emery
From: David Emery @ 1994-12-27  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

>My company is looking for a program that given a set of Ada source files
>can produce a BOOCH style diagram of tasks, packages etc.

We've had good experience with "ObjectMaker" from Mark V Systems.  It
runs on a Sparc.  I'm not sure how it prints, but we're able to get it
to print pretty pictures on a PostScript printer, so I'd assume it
uses PostScript.

				dave
--
--The preceeding opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of
--The MITRE Corporation or its sponsors.

* Re: BOOCH diagram generators
@ 1994-12-27  9:50 ` Kevin Hodgkinson
From: Kevin Hodgkinson @ 1994-12-27  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article: <3dlto1$kep@aristotle.algonet.se>  me@algonet.se (Magnus Ericson) writes:

> My company is looking for a program that given a set of Ada source files
> can produce a BOOCH style diagram of tasks, packages etc.
> The program should preferably run on SPARC and produce Postsscipt output.
> The applications we intend to use it on is not huge but neither is it
> a "toy-system". This means that the product need to break the system
> into several diagrams and that it should be fairly "robust".

Doesn't Rational's ROSE product do this sort of thing?

Kevin Hodgkinson	   | "There is no expedient to which a man will not
kevin@geospiza.demon.co.uk | resort to avoid the labour of thinking"

@ 1994-12-28 16:07   ` Kevin Weise
From: Kevin Weise @ 1994-12-28 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <EMERY.94Dec27094107@goldfinger.mitre.org>,
David Emery <emery@goldfinger.mitre.org> wrote:
>>My company is looking for a program that given a set of Ada source files
>>can produce a BOOCH style diagram of tasks, packages etc.
>
>We've had good experience with "ObjectMaker" from Mark V Systems.  It
>runs on a Sparc.  I'm not sure how it prints, but we're able to get it
>to print pretty pictures on a PostScript printer, so I'd assume it
>uses PostScript.

Back in 1988, Intermetrics wrote the Ada COMPOSER as a STARS Foundation
Tool.  I believe you can still get it from ASSET (ASSET_A_235).  It even
ran on a PC-AT (although that must have been painful).  However,
according to its documentation:

    "E.4.4  Tek
     Composer utilizes an Ada/GKS (Graphical Kernel System) binding
     for a Tektronix 4107 graphics terminal.  If the re-host involves
     targeting another graphics terminal, then this package must be
     modified."

It would be nice to know if anyone has modified this program so that it
uses e.g. an X-Window interface.
Kevin J. Weise			weisek@source.asset.com
COLSA Corporation		Voice - (205) 922-1512 ext. 2115
6726 Odyssey Drive		FAX   - (205) 971-0002
Huntsville, AL  35806
{Standard Disclaimers about my opinions & my employer's opinions}
{... which are in conflict often enough}
"Admire those who seek the truth;
  avoid those who find it."		Marcel Proust