* Make with Ada competition feedback survey
@ 2017-11-03 11:10 fabien.chouteau
From: fabien.chouteau @ 2017-11-03 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everybody,

We started a survey on the 2017 Make with Ada competition: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MWAC

We would apreciate your feedback/help to improve the competition.

Thanks,

* Re: Make with Ada competition feedback survey
@ 2017-11-03 18:20 ` Victor Porton
From: Victor Porton @ 2017-11-03 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

fabien.chouteau@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> We started a survey on the 2017 Make with Ada competition:
> https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MWAC
>
> We would apreciate your feedback/help to improve the competition.
>
> Thanks,

I would like if embedded were only one of several categories.

I have two big scientific projects in my life: one in abstract pure
mathematics and another is an Ada program.

I would like my program to enter competition though in no way it is related
to "embedded".

My programming project was started recently:

https://github.com/vporton/xml-boiler

--
Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org

* Re: Make with Ada competition feedback survey
@ 2017-11-06 10:54   ` fabien.chouteau
From: fabien.chouteau @ 2017-11-06 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, November 3, 2017 at 7:20:46 PM UTC+1, Victor Porton wrote:

> I would like if embedded were only one of several categories.

We had this feedback a few times. We will try to find a solution to open
the competition to more projects but it's difficult to have a good balance
when the competitors work in many different contexts. Having categories is
one of the options on the table, it has some drawbacks, for instance it
makes the rules and the competition itself more difficult to understand.

Please fill the survey so that your opinion is tracked.

Thanks for your help,

* Re: Make with Ada competition feedback survey
@ 2017-11-06 15:15     ` Luke A. Guest
From: Luke A. Guest @ 2017-11-06 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

<fabien.chouteau@gmail.com> wrote:

> the competition to more projects but it's difficult to have a good balance
> when the competitors work in many different contexts. Having categories is
> one of the options on the table, it has some drawbacks, for instance it
> makes the rules and the competition itself more difficult to understand.

I'm attempting the GitHub game jam and using SDLAda to try to advertise Ada
for gamedev. Now I really want to support all platforms including mobile.

You AdaCore guys apparently have GCC targeted for iOS, 1) can you confirm
this? 2) can you supply the relevant patches to GCC ml so can test them?

I don't see the point in attempting a port if the code is already out
there.

> Please fill the survey so that your opinion is tracked.

I'll consider it.