* Praxis High Integrity Systems got /.
@ 2006-01-07  8:41 Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2006-01-07  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

I have no time to read it right now but I expect a nice flame war:

http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/01/06/006225

See you there (later :-) ).

Martin
--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net

* Re: Praxis High Integrity Systems got /.
@ 2006-01-07 18:12 ` Robert Love
From: Robert Love @ 2006-01-07 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

In <1550583.AA7TYtsqqn@linux1.krischik.com> Martin Krischik  wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have no time to read it right now but I expect a nice flame war:
>
> http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/01/06/006225

A quick read shows Ada doesn't get much play in this discussion.  Praxis
and its methods are mentioned but it quickly unravels into a discussion
of funding, functional languages, etc.  Praxis' point of view is
overcome by other people's experiences where formal methods aren't used.

* Re: Praxis High Integrity Systems got /.
@ 2006-01-07 18:37   ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 2006-01-07 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <20060107121210453-0600@news.airmail.net>, Robert Love <rblove@airmail.net> writes:
> In <1550583.AA7TYtsqqn@linux1.krischik.com> Martin Krischik  wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I have no time to read it right now but I expect a nice flame war:
>>
>> http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/01/06/006225
>>

> A quick read shows Ada doesn't get much play in this discussion.  Praxis
> and its methods are mentioned but it quickly unravels into a discussion
> of funding, functional languages, etc.  Praxis' point of view is
> overcome by other people's experiences where formal methods aren't used.

Gresham's Law as applied to development process.

* Re: Praxis High Integrity Systems got /.
@ 2006-01-07 18:59   ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2006-01-07 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 18:12:07 -0000, Robert Love wrote:

> A quick read shows Ada doesn't get much play in this discussion.  Praxis
> and its methods are mentioned but it quickly unravels into a discussion
> of funding, functional languages, etc.

Obviously hiring programmers for a niche functional language should not be
a problem...

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: Praxis High Integrity Systems got /.
@ 2006-01-07 19:49   ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2006-01-07 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Love wrote:

> In <1550583.AA7TYtsqqn@linux1.krischik.com> Martin Krischik  wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I have no time to read it right now but I expect a nice flame war:
>>
>> http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/01/06/006225
>>

> A quick read shows Ada doesn't get much play in this discussion.  Praxis
> and its methods are mentioned but it quickly unravels into a discussion
> of funding, functional languages, etc.  Praxis' point of view is
> overcome by other people's experiences where formal methods aren't used.

Indeed. Just what I expected (had some time to read it now). Only the group
of programmers claiming that formal procedures are not needed and secure
programs can be done C by the right kind of programmer anyway where
missing.

Martin
--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net