From: schultz@grebyn.com (Ronald)
Subject: Object-Oriented Development Efforts
Date: 2 Jan 90 20:26:16 GMT	[thread overview]

As a project manager for an IBM mainframe user's group (GUIDE
International), I am often questioned as to who is using object-
oriented languages, DBMSs, and development techniques in their
shops.  I have made a number of queries as to who is using any
of the above for conventional business and MIS applications such
as Order Entry, Purchasing, Accounting, or Executive Information
Systems.  To date, I have received very few responses indicating
any activity in these areas.

So my question is, who is using OO-(fill in the blank) and to
what purpose ?  What kinds of applications are being developed,
and for what kinds of customers ?  Is object-oriented simply a
tool for compiler architects, or electrical engineers, or simply
a marketing buzzword ?

Please send me information about your application and customer,
and I'll suumarize and post it later to the net.  Please include
the following if at all possible:

   o     A brief description of the application
   o     Number of staff devoted to the effort
   o     Size of the project (man-months, LOC, ...)
   o     Language or DBMS used
   o     Development Methodology, and author of methodology

Thanks for your help.

Ron Schultz
schultz@grebyn.com