From: Pascal Obry <pascal@obry.net>
Subject: Re: On intended use cases of the distributed annex
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 12:09:34 +0200
Date: 2014-09-24T12:09:34+02:00	[thread overview]

Alejandro,

> In other words, does the DSA support reconfiguration (even if it is at
> launch time) of nodes without editing a config file, or even online
> reconfiguration without manual intervention?

Yes. A Remote_Types partition can be launched at runtime as many time as
needed. For load balancing I've been using a very simple protocol:

1. some partitions are producers of works items

2. the work-items are stored into a queue

3. many partitions are consumers of those work-item, you can start one
on each node if needed.

4. consumers take a job into the queue, do whatever is needed and post
the results possibly in another queue for other consumers to work.

All this works fine and is a great way to achieve load balancing. In
fact nothing new there, you'll do that for a parallel applications using
tasks and protected-object (for the queue). The nice thing with the
distributed annex is that it there is nothing new, just a prama. The
queue of work-items I've described above will be protected with
protected object as many partitions will access it.

--
  Pascal Obry /  Magny Les Hameaux (78)

  The best way to travel is by means of imagination

  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
  http://www.obry.net

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B