* News on Ada Doom project
@ 2014-08-23  9:02 jsquirek
From: jsquirek @ 2014-08-23  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

https://plus.google.com/104228556547212920341/posts/CthXvwFKax7

* Re: News on Ada Doom project
@ 2014-08-23 10:01 ` Björn Lundin
From: Björn Lundin @ 2014-08-23 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2014-08-23 11:02, jsquirek@gmail.com wrote:
> https://plus.google.com/104228556547212920341/posts/CthXvwFKax7

"To compile with GPRBuild: gprbuild adadoom3.gpr"

But where is adadoom3.gpr?
I brought it down via
 svn co https://github.com/AdaDoom3/AdaDoom3 AdaDoom3
and I got a bunch of files but just neo.gpr

bnl@sebjlun-deb64:~/svn/AdaDoom3$ find . -name *.gpr -print
./branches/input/Setup/neo.gpr
./trunk/Setup/neo.gpr

Björn

* Re: News on Ada Doom project
@ 2014-08-23 10:19   ` jsquirek
From: jsquirek @ 2014-08-23 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

> But where is adadoom3.gpr?

It is located in the Setup folder. I also say too that it only works on windows right now, but after I get md5 models rendering I might do an SDL version

* Re: News on Ada Doom project
@ 2014-08-23 10:26     ` Björn Lundin
From: Björn Lundin @ 2014-08-23 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2014-08-23 12:19, jsquirek@gmail.com wrote:
>> But where is adadoom3.gpr?
>
> It is located in the Setup folder.

Are you sure you added it into git/svn?

bnl@sebjlun-deb64:~/svn/AdaDoom3/trunk/Setup$ ls
Macintosh  neo.gpr  POSIX  Windows

>I also say too that it only works on windows right now, but after I get md5 models rendering I might do an SDL version

no problem.

--
Björn

* Re: News on Ada Doom project
@ 2014-08-23 10:27       ` Björn Lundin
From: Björn Lundin @ 2014-08-23 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2014-08-23 12:26, Björn Lundin wrote:
> On 2014-08-23 12:19, jsquirek@gmail.com wrote:
>>> But where is adadoom3.gpr?
>>
>> It is located in the Setup folder.
>
> Are you sure you added it into git/svn?

it is not visible via webbrowser either

<https://github.com/AdaDoom3/AdaDoom3/tree/master/Setup>

Björn

* Re: News on Ada Doom project
@ 2014-08-23 10:30         ` jsquirek
From: jsquirek @ 2014-08-23 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

> it is not visible via webbrowser either

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I made a mistake in the instructions, the actual name of the project is neo.gpr (you change which game you want to compile with the "Neo" engine via scenario variables). Thanks for pointing it out :), I already corrected the readme in git.

* Re: News on Ada Doom project
@ 2014-08-23 12:16           ` Björn Lundin
From: Björn Lundin @ 2014-08-23 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2014-08-23 12:30, jsquirek@gmail.com wrote:
>> it is not visible via webbrowser either
>
> Sorry, I should have been more clear. I made a mistake in the instructions,
>the actual name of the project is neo.gpr (you change which game you want to
>compile with the "Neo" engine via scenario variables).
>Thanks for pointing it out :), I already corrected the readme in git.

Ok. But the readmed says now

'To compile with GPRBuild: gprbuild setup/neo.gpr'

However it will not create directories for objects/alis
I think you want

gprbuild -p -P Setup/neo.gpr

But that gives

C:\bnl\svn\AdaDoom3\trunk>gprbuild -p -P Setup\neo.gpr
gprbuild: no sources to compile

so. cd Setup

C:\bnl\svn\AdaDoom3\trunk\Setup>gprbuild -p -P neo.gpr

and now it compiles.
But it seems I need to fix my directX installation,
complaints on not finding some dll.
Installing directx

<http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/7/1/1718CCC4-6315-4D8E-9543-8E28A4E18C4C/dxwebsetup.exe>

and it compiles and links game32.exe

But I get a doom-conseol and an empty doom window.
Might be becase running under virtal-box.
Anyway, I got so far taht it runs something.

I'll investigate later.

Björn

* Re: News on Ada Doom project
@ 2014-08-23 12:24             ` jsquirek
From: jsquirek @ 2014-08-23 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

> But I get a doom-conseol and an empty doom window.
>
> Might be becase running under virtal-box.
>
> Anyway, I got so far taht it runs something.

That is all I have finished at this point. The big news was that the media layer is almost done and I am moving on to graphics work finally. Perhaps I should not have included the actual Doom 3 BFG edition game in my screen shot. I am far away from guis and levels begin displayed. I will correct the readme as you suggested. Thanks again and sorry for the confusion

* Re: News on Ada Doom project
@ 2014-08-23 12:44               ` Björn Lundin
From: Björn Lundin @ 2014-08-23 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2014-08-23 14:24, jsquirek@gmail.com wrote:

>> But I get a doom-conseol and an empty doom window.

> That is all I have finished at this point.

Ahh, ok.
It looks ambitious and I think this is good
for game creation in Ada.
Good luck.

I downloaded mainly to see 2012-constructs in
real code. I hope to be inspired.
--
Björn

* Re: News on Ada Doom project
@ 2014-08-23 12:49                 ` jsquirek
From: jsquirek @ 2014-08-23 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Ahh, ok.
>
> It looks ambitious and I think this is good
>
> for game creation in Ada.
>
> Good luck.

Ah yes, I need all the luck I can get :). Windows API and optimization problems wear you down sometimes.

> I downloaded mainly to see 2012-constructs in
>
> real code. I hope to be inspired.

If you are interested in the shortened Ada 2012 syntax in action these files might be fun to look at.

https://github.com/AdaDoom3/AdaDoom3/blob/master/Engine/Systems/Windows/neo-system-input-import.adb

https://github.com/AdaDoom3/AdaDoom3/blob/master/Engine/Systems/Windows/neo-system-import.adb

https://github.com/AdaDoom3/AdaDoom3/blob/master/Engine/neo-system-input.adb

https://github.com/AdaDoom3/AdaDoom3/blob/master/Engine/Architectures/x86-64/neo-system-processor-import.adb

* Re: News on Ada Doom project
@ 2014-08-24 22:36     ` Luke A. Guest
From: Luke A. Guest @ 2014-08-24 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

<jsquirek@gmail.com> wrote:
>> But where is adadoom3.gpr?
>
> It is located in the Setup folder. I also say too that it only works on
> windows right now, but after I get md5 models rendering I might do an SDL version

Just wait for my SDL binding.