From: sam@murdu.OZ (Sam Ganesan)
Subject: Re: HELP ME!
Date: 26 May 88 05:05:47 GMT	[thread overview]

In article <5809@cup.portal.com> JJ@cup.portal.com writes:
>Poor College Student needs Your Help!!   :-(
>
>Hi.  I just finished my junior year in college, and now I'm
>faced with a major problem.  I can't afford to pay for my senior
>year.  I've tried everything.  I can't get any more student loans,
>I don't qualify for any more scholarships, and my parents are as ...

I got on to rn and had to go through the same letter in about every
newsgroup that I read. This amounts a magnitude of misuse of the net
that I have not seen before except in the case of the weight loss rigmorale
that went on a couple of months ago. Is there any system administrator
at all in cup.portal.com? I read in one of the follow up articles this
is a misuse of interstate communication lines; MAKE THAT INTERNATIONAL.
Most of these Newsgroups go to machines through out the world and how is
it justifiable to make people pay for satelite and overseas communication
lines to read this JUNK.

I hope this sort of crossposting and soliciting is better monitored.
I also hope it is better controlled though I cant see how you do it in
unmoderated groups. Any ideas netlanders?

Sam Ganesan
E - mail :
ACSnet: sam@murdu.mu.oz                JANET: sam%murdu.mu.oz@uk.ac.ukc
ARPA  : sam%murdu.mu.oz.au@uunet.uu.net       sam%murdu.mu.oz@uk.ac.ean-relay
UUCP  : {uunet,pyramid}!munnari!murdu.mu.oz.au!sam
Snail : Sam Ganesan, Microbiology Dept,Melbourne University, Parkville,
        Victoria 3052, Australia.