* For Whatever it is Worth to Know.
@ 2013-09-11  1:01 Austin Obyrne
From: Austin Obyrne @ 2013-09-11  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Recent help from readers has enabled me to put the final touches to an encryption project that has been ongoing for at least 10 years such that I can now say categorically that I have an Ada-driven vector-based cryptographic scheme that can encrypt any alphanumeric character that can be keyed in from a standard keyboard.

That includes the entire writable subset of ASCII which is the character set numbered 32 to 126 inclusively in ASCII decimal representation.

The upshot is that I can say rather bullishly perhaps but with proof that I can encrypt,

1) Any file of plaintext keyed in from the writable ASCII alphanumeric subset on a standard keyboard.
2) Any file of Unicode languages in hexadecimal coded form.
3) The program sourcecode of any of the popular programming languages including Ada.
4) The html code of any webpage (but not images).
5) The language of any application that is compatible with the usual operating systems API’s

There may be others.

The cryptographic strength of my scheme is underpinned in this way.  Each individual ciphertext item that represents just one single plaintext is a ‘resultant’ vector that is comprised of the sum of two unique component vectors that are known only to the entities.  The possibility space of all such sums (i.e. including wrong ones) is truly infinite as an indisputable physical fact in the mathematics of the geometry of planes.  There is no computational method whatever known to mankind that can explicitly invert the ciphertext to enable decryption by any adversary because only one such pair of components exists rhat is the right one, these two components as displacement vectors reside in the inner recesses of the entities’ minds only.

I have found that the Ada programming language was very, very suitable to my needs in developing this cryptography. The cryptography, selectively chosen to be programmed in Ada only, is copyright registered by me in the USA and in the United Kingdom and I have not intention of agreeing to it being programmed in any other language except Ada.

The simple caveat is this, if it is key-able by a standard key board I can encrypt it unbreakably.

The foregoing claim is made in good faith, it is early days yet and I am open to correction on any latent exceptions however that readers may notice but frankly I think in broadest terms this puts Ada in the vanguard of the programming language / cryptography combinations in the field of design endeavour.

Ada as the encrypted sole transporter of all other programming languages over the ether – a nice thought for Ada enthusiasts surely.

I thank everybody who helped me recently.

 – Austin O’Byrne

* Re: For Whatever it is Worth to Know.
@ 2013-09-11 13:45 ` Oliver Kleinke
From: Oliver Kleinke @ 2013-09-11 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

> The cryptographic strength of my scheme is underpinned in this way.
> Each individual ciphertext item that represents just one single
> plaintext is a ‘resultant’ vector that is comprised of the sum of two
> unique component vectors that are known only to the entities.  The
> possibility space of all such sums (i.e. including wrong ones) is
> truly infinite as an indisputable physical fact in the mathematics of
> the geometry of planes.  There is no computational method whatever
> known to mankind that can explicitly invert the ciphertext to enable
> decryption by any adversary because only one such pair of components
> exists rhat is the right one, these two components as displacement
> vectors reside in the inner recesses of the entities’ minds only.

I have solved systems of linear equations in grade 8, so: no thanks.

* Re: For Whatever it is Worth to Know.
@ 2013-09-12 23:05 ` Björn Persson
From: Björn Persson @ 2013-09-12 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)