From: "Björn Persson" <Bjorn@xn--rombobjrn-67a.se>
Subject: Re: Introducing Comfignat
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 21:00:18 +0200
Date: 2013-08-07T21:00:18+02:00	[thread overview]

Simon Wright wrote:
> Björn Persson <Bjorn@xn--rombobjrn-67a.se> writes:
>
> This is an interesting idea!
>
> > Files placement is often not configurable enough
>
> As part of GNAT GPL 2013, AdaCore have introduced (with no fanfare) a
> tool gprinstall, part of GPRBuild, which knows how to install a library
> built with a GPR into the appropriate locations. It seems to have enough
> parameterisation to allow installation into a Debian layout as well as a
> GNAT/FSF layout (I've only tried the latter); of course you'd need to
> set the switches accordingly!

I haven't tried GPRinstall, but judging from the manual it doesn't seem
to support staging. It generates a usage project file apparently, and
that file will presumably contain the same pathnames that it copies the
files to, so if you try to include the staging directory as part of the
prefix, then the usage project file will be wrong. If I'm right, then
GPRinstall is useless for packaging in Fedora.

It also doesn't seem to install documentation, configuration files,
initscripts et cetera, so it does only a part of the job.

Björn Persson