* Open locations view in GPS: bug?
@ 2014-08-06  1:41 hreba
From: hreba @ 2014-08-06  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

There is no Locations View in my GPS 5.0-16 (Debian), perhaps I closed
it by mistake.

The strange thing is that I cannot find a way to open it. I searched the
menu, the Help and the web, without success.

Deleting the configuration directory .gps and reinstalling GPS didn't
help either.

--
Frank Hrebabetzky		+55 / 48 / 3235 1106
Florianopolis, Brazil

* Re: Open locations view in GPS: bug?
@ 2014-08-06  2:16 ` Shark8
From: Shark8 @ 2014-08-06  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 05-Aug-14 19:41, hreba wrote:
> There is no Locations View in my GPS 5.0-16 (Debian), perhaps I closed
> it by mistake.
>
> The strange thing is that I cannot find a way to open it. I searched the
> menu, the Help and the web, without success.
>
> Deleting the configuration directory .gps and reinstalling GPS didn't
> help either.

I think you can force it to re-appear by making a file that won't
compile and attempting to compiler it.

* Re: Open locations view in GPS: bug?
@ 2014-08-06 12:34   ` hreba
From: hreba @ 2014-08-06 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 08/05/2014 11:16 PM, Shark8 wrote:
> On 05-Aug-14 19:41, hreba wrote:
>> There is no Locations View in my GPS 5.0-16 (Debian), perhaps I closed
>> it by mistake.
>>
>> The strange thing is that I cannot find a way to open it. I searched the
>> menu, the Help and the web, without success.
>>
>> Deleting the configuration directory .gps and reinstalling GPS didn't
>> help either.
>>

> I think you can force it to re-appear by making a file that won't
> compile and attempting to compiler it.

This is easy, here is no lack of files which do not compile ;-)

The error messages however appear in the messages view. The locations
view would be much more comfortable.

--

@ 2014-08-13  7:47     ` briot.emmanuel
From: briot.emmanuel @ 2014-08-13  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

We have indeed noticed that in the past. You can remove ~/.gps/perspectives.xml
to restart your desktop from scratch.

This has been fixed in the more recent GPL versions, which also include a menu
to reopen the Locations view