From: Martin Krischik <krischik@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: Allocated aligned arrays
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 12:21:13 +0100
Date: 2005-11-20T12:21:13+01:00	[thread overview]

ldb wrote:

> However, if I do that, won't that essentially break every current
> implementation of Matrix already in the code? (The code isn't small,
> and it's a very commonly used datatype... ).
>
> Ie, is that going to require me to overload +, -, etc to work with Real
> and Floats, etc?

No. You can convert from and to Float:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ada_Programming/Subtypes#Checked_conversion

> And/or functions that pass in a float, currently, will
> need to be overloaded to also work with real, and so on? That seems
> like alot of work just to get a memory allocation that is 8 bytes
> farther north or south. Is there any other way, or I am up a creek?

No again: all standart functions are also available as generic variants.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ada_Programming/Mathematical_calculations#Exponential_calculations

Martin
--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net