From: Simon Williams <williams@ntlworld.com>
Subject: Re: gnat for MacOS Tiger?
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 02:20:01 GMT
Date: 2006-08-14T02:20:01+00:00	[thread overview]

For what its worth the link is fine (i just downloaded it and checked
it).  I think what happened is he double clicked on the downloaded app
and didnt have stuffit decompressor on his system so it guessed (wrong)
and brought up office.

I have sent him from our mailing list what he needs.  Mac ada is alive
and well and we have gcc 4.2 from the fsf archives for tiger that works
quite well as well as a plugin for apples IDE (Xcode).

On intel macs Paralleles makes a really nice virtual machine capability
and i run mac, windows xp, and linux (ubunto and fedora) all on the
same machine.  with enough memory they will all run at once.

i did some gtkada code and built it and had same app running under mac
and windows at the same time. worked very nicely to test it out.

jim