* Ada 2005 ISO approval  yet?
@ 2007-02-14  5:19 ME
From: ME @ 2007-02-14  5:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

When will Ada 2005 become official?

* Re: Ada 2005 ISO approval  yet?
@ 2007-02-14 16:37 ` Jeffrey R. Carter
From: Jeffrey R. Carter @ 2007-02-14 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

ME wrote:
> When will Ada 2005 become official?

When the standard is published, which hopefully will be soon. Then we'll
officially have Ada 07. Once compilers for the full language become
widely available, it will just be Ada.

--
Jeff Carter
"I blow my nose on you."

* RE: Ada 2005 ISO approval  yet?
@ 2007-02-14 17:47 ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2007-02-14 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

ME asks:

> When will Ada 2005 become official?

Not until it is published by ISO. How long that will take is anyone's guess
(sometimes, it has been over a year). All of the approval votes have
finished, though, so the remaining wait is purely administrative.

                    Randy Brukardt, ARG Editor

* Re: Ada 2005 ISO approval  yet?
@ 2007-02-15  4:30   ` ME
From: ME @ 2007-02-15  4:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there that much involved in the administrative part that require one year
to publish it? Are they shorthanded?