From: sjw <simon.j.wright@mac.com>
Subject: Re: BC components for indefinite types?
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 02:37:52 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2009-05-23T02:37:52-07:00	[thread overview]

On May 22, 11:55 pm, jpwoodruff <jpwoodr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a fan of the Ada95 Booch components and I recently find myself
> wishing I could have a map of an indefinite type (and I suspect
> there's a set or a bag in my future).

I take this as a feature request! Always easier to be motivated if
there's a user.

> I have installed bc-20070822 and I have looked briefly at bc-20090226
> which does not appear to address my question.  There are
> bc-indefinite_containers, and there are a couple of his children, but
> no maps.
>
> Is it possible that I missed a memo?  Or is it up to me to piece
> together the (admittedly few) items?

No memo.

A question for you: the current BC.Indefinite_Containers support all
the forms (Bounded, Dynamic, Unbounded, Unmanaged) but I'm inclined to
think that most users of indefinite containers would be satisfied with
Bounded and Unmanaged. Or even further, with a new
BC.Indefinite_Unmanaged_Containers tree that manages storage
internally without the need for you to bother with storage pools at
all. Of course, this is getting perilously close to (if not past) the
point where one should just migrate to Ada.Containers!