From: briot.emmanuel@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [GNAT] compiler options ignored for sources from ADA_INCLUDE_PATH
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 12:21:56 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2013-08-26T12:21:56-07:00	[thread overview]

> Only fully normal options: in a "Fast" mode, optimisations and less checks, in a "Debug" mode, the most checks possible, including overflow checks and validity checks.

But it doesn't make sense to change the option in the xmlada project files. That will not automatically recompile XML/Ada (for this, you would need to change the way XML/Ada was compiled and installed).

So I think the answer to your initial question is that you don't want to use ADA_INCLUDE_PATH (which makes your project file harder to distribute for instance), because you don't really need to change the compiler options in the other projects, which are not meant to recompile the corresponding library.