From: tonyg <tonythegair@googlemail.com>
Subject: gnade odbc and join tables
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 10:59:31 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2010-07-05T10:59:31-07:00	[thread overview]

I'm adapting the odbc demo in gnade to learn more about it. I want to
be able to join tables and do a select according to the query string
included in the code fragment.
I 've modified the SQL prepare statement and here it is

       Len             : aliased SQLINTEGER := 0; -- ignored for
SQL_C_SLONG, if not negative
 	 Len_Macid	 : aliased SQLINTEGER;
         Macid           : aliased String := 16 * '.';
         Planid          : aliased SQLINTEGER;
	 Len_Planid	 : aliased SQLINTEGER;
         query_string 	 : String := "Select heater.macid, room.planid
from heater" &
         			"join room on heater.roomid = room.roomid order by
room.planid";
      begin
         SQLAllocHandle (SQL_HANDLE_STMT, ConnectionHandle,
StatementHandle);
         SQLPrepare (StatementHandle,
                    "SELECT " & QuoteIdentifier ("HEATER.MACID") & ",
" &
                       QuoteIdentifier ("ROOM.PLANID") & ", " &
                     " FROM " & QuoteIdentifier ("HEATER") & " JOIN "
&
                     QuoteIdentifier("ROOM") & " " &
                     "WHERE " & QuoteIdentifier ("HEATER.ROOMID") & "
= " &
                     QuoteIdentifier ("ROOM.ROOMID") &
                       "ORDER BY " & QuoteIdentifier
("ROOM.PLANID") );

         This is returning the following error when running

raised GNU.DB.SQLCLI.SYNTAX_ERROR : [Proc=SQLBindCol][Server=x.x.x.x]
[State=42000][MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.77]You have an error
in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL
server version for th

(ip address is x'ed out !)

What am I doing wrong here - can anyone see?