* Wanted: pretty printer for MIL-HDBK-1804 Ada Style Guide
@ 1989-09-21 15:39 planck!hercules!westley
From: planck!hercules!westley @ 1989-09-21 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does a pretty printer exist that will format Ada code along the guidelines
described in MIL-HDBK-1804 Ada Style Guide?

Thanks.

Terry J. Westley
Arvin/Calspan Advanced Technology Center
P.O. Box 400, Buffalo, NY 14225
planck!hercules!westley@cs.buffalo.edu

* Re: Wanted: pretty printer for MIL-HDBK-1804 Ada Style Guide
@ 1989-09-21 18:19 ` Ken Nelson
From: Ken Nelson @ 1989-09-21 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

   **** Disclaimer: I work for this company ****

Hi,

	Software Systems Design offers a tool called ADADL which does static
	analysis (complexity, quality, etc...) and pretty-prints Ada code. Your
	can customize the pretty printer.  We have customers that use it to
	meet the Ada Style Guide specifications.  ADADL also adds a table of
	contents, and cross-reference reports.  ADADL can be used to
	beautify existing Ada code, much like 'cb' for C programs.

	With ADADL you get pretty-printing plus you can explore a whole world
	of static analysis, metrics, automatic documentation, testing,
	and test coverage analysis.  We also offer a tool called GrafGen
	which draws Ada programs using the Booch-Burr methodology.  A
	picture might be worth a thousand pretty-printed words.

	We give substantial educational discounts.  Demos (fully functional,
	but limited to 400 line or less programs) are sent for media
	costs alone (around $150).  If you want information sent, or
	pricing for a specfic machine, just E-Mail or call.

					Ken Nelson
					Principal Engineer
					Software Systems Design
					3267 Padua Av.
					Claremont, CA 91711
					(624) 625-6147

* Re: Wanted: pretty printer for MIL-HDBK-1804 Ada Style Guide
@ 1989-09-25 12:13 ` RICK CARLE
From: RICK CARLE @ 1989-09-25 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1989Sep21.153900.7642@planck.uucp>, planck!hercules!westley@cs.buffalo.edu writes:
> Does a pretty printer exist that will format Ada code along the guidelines
> described in MIL-HDBK-1804 Ada Style Guide?

MIL-HDBK-1804 Ada Style Guide?  That's the first I've heard of it.
How can I get a copy?
	Rick Carle, Raytheon Co., rgc@raybed6.ray.com

* prety printer for PROPOSED MIL-HDBK-1804 Ada Style Guide
@ 1989-09-26 11:45   ` Karl Nyberg
From: Karl Nyberg @ 1989-09-26 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Does a pretty printer exist that will format Ada code along the guidelines
>> described in MIL-HDBK-1804 Ada Style Guide?
>
>MIL-HDBK-1804 Ada Style Guide?  That's the first I've heard of it.
>How can I get a copy?

You can get a copy of the PROPOSED handbook electronically from simtel20 if
you have anonymous FTP or from any of the half dozen or so companies that
reproduce the Ada Software Repository for free or for fee (including me).

-- Karl --

Karl A. Nyberg		karl@grebyn.com, nyberg@ajpo.sei.cmu.edu
Grebyn Corporation		   karl%grebyn.com@haven.umd.edu
P. O. Box 497			      {decuac,haven}!grebyn!karl
Vienna, VA 22183-0497				    703-281-2194

* Re: Wanted: pretty printer for MIL-HDBK-1804 Ada Style Guide
@ 1989-09-27 14:59   ` Rick Conn
From: Rick Conn @ 1989-09-27 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

See the latest ASR newsletter.  It has articles on the handbook and
the NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center Ada pretty printer which
can format Ada source code in compliance with the proposed
MIL-HDBK-1804.

	Rick
-------

* Re: Wanted: pretty printer for MIL-HDBK-1804 Ada Style Guide
@ 1989-09-28 11:42 RICK CARLE
From: RICK CARLE @ 1989-09-28 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, Rick.  But the last ASR Newsletter I received was dated May-June
and I can't find any mention of the MIL-HDBK-1804.  Is there a phone no.
for dial-in to SIMTEL?
	Rick Carle

* Re: Wanted: pretty printer for MIL-HDBK-1804 Ada Style Guide
@ 1989-09-28 21:10   ` Lumsdon
From: Lumsdon @ 1989-09-28 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

There are several pretty-printers available in the Ada Repository.
You can ftp them, or purchase Ada Repository tapes from DECUS, or
purchase IBM-PC diskettes containing parts of the Ada Repository.

I believe that the contact for this is rconn@wsmr-simtel20.arpa

Esther Lumsdon
DTRC Code 1411, Annapolis Lab

I submitted to ASR, and you can too!