* Forcing to build dependencies
@ 2015-10-06 16:20 Rego, P.
From: Rego, P. @ 2015-10-06 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I run a build in a GPS Project_A which is an extended project from Project_B, a file myfile.adb in Project_B does not compile in the build process (manually it's ok). So it returns

error: "myfile.ali" not found, "myfile.adb" must be compiled

I already tried option "-f", but also did not compile myfile.adb same way. Is there some compilation switch which forces the project to build all the dependencies (or which forces to not build the dependences...maybe my project has this, and I could see it...)?

Thanks.

* Re: Forcing to build dependencies
@ 2015-10-06 16:33 ` Rego, P.
From: Rego, P. @ 2015-10-06 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

I also tried to include "-a" option in package Build from project .gpr. But it returns the error

@ 2015-10-06 17:17   ` Per Sandberg
From: Per Sandberg @ 2015-10-06 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Please post the project files so that they could be reviewed.
/Per

@ 2015-10-07  7:27 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2015-10-07  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 6 Oct 2015 09:20:50 -0700 (PDT), Rego, P. wrote:

> Is there some compilation switch which forces the project to build all the
> dependencies (or which forces to not build the dependences...maybe my
> project has this, and I could see it...)?

AFAIK, no. I sometimes have a "collection" project that references all
sources, for debugging purposes. Once the project runs, I re-build separate
library projects.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov