From: RCONN@SIMTEL20.ARPA (Rick Conn)
Subject: Re: Typing Ada
Date: 24 May 88 23:06:31 GMT	[thread overview]

Hi, Bob,

By and large, I tend to agree with you.  The power of the workstations
and the constantly-decreasing price/performance ratio along with the
supporting graphics software and standards (still emerging) is making
graphical software design and implementation more of a reality all the time.
However, I still see a lot of people just plodding along with poor support
budgets and 1970's technology.  Like the American society with its growing
chasm between the rich and the poor, I think we may also have a growing
software/technology chasm.  Ada may not be the last 1D language
from that point of view.

	Rick
-------