* RFI:Ada concurrent tasks
@ 1987-07-14 15:08 holt
From: holt @ 1987-07-14 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

<I'm posting this for Bryan Wolf, McDonnell Douglas - Inco, Inc.>

How many concurrent *Ada* tasks has anyone out there in net.land
managed to have running simultaneously, with regards to performance
and on what hardware?

--
/*--------------------------------------------------------------*
*  Mark L Holt  						*

* Re: RFI:Ada concurrent tasks
@ 1987-07-15 11:15 ` Doug Bryan
From: Doug Bryan @ 1987-07-15 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

> How many concurrent *Ada* tasks has anyone out there in net.land
> managed to have running simultaneously, with regards to performance
> and on what hardware?

one

(aren't all validiated compilers for single CPU targets?)

doug
-------

* Re: RFI:Ada concurrent tasks
@ 1987-07-17 14:28 ` stt
From: stt @ 1987-07-17 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

As a test case, we created and executed a program
which spawned more than 500 Ada tasks using the
Intermetrics Real-Time MVS Ada compiler on a 4341.  This compiler
uses one MVS task for each Ada task, and provides
for "true" concurrency on a multi-processor such as a 3090.
The primary performance problem involved certain
linear-list algorithms inherent in MVS dealing with
task creation.  Once the tasks were created, performance
was "fine."

Tucker Taft
c/o Intermetrics, Inc.
Cambridge, MA  02138