From: Lee_Robert_Willis@cup.portal.com
Subject: Re: DoD STD-2167A?
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 94 19:20:58 PDT
Date: 1994-09-27T19:20:58-07:00	[thread overview]

>merlin@annwfn.com (Fred McCall) writes:
>
>>In <35mqdo$gqt@theopolis.orl.mmc.com> dennison@romulus23.DAB.GE.COM Ted Denni
>on writes:
>
>>>Of course, being an Adaphile, I believe 2167A's emphasis on quality IMPLIES
>>>a use of Ada.
>
>>Not to mention its insistence on reams of meaningless verbosity in the
>>way of documentation.

>Not to mention those who blindly follow 2167A and fail to relize that
>it can be tailored to meet _THEIR__ needs.

Usually the tailoring must be done way in advance, i.e. if you're going
to tailor the requirements docs, you must get the customer to sign off
on it before the requirements analysis of the contract.  If your going
to tailor the design docs, it must be done before the design phase of
the contract is entered....

It has been my unfortunate experience that the people involved before
phase X don't know or give a damn about the 2167A docs for phase X, and
thus very little tailoring happens. :-(

   -lee     Lee_Robert_Willis@cup.portal.com