From: scott@shuksan.UUCP (Scott Moody)
Subject: Re: Dynamic Typing in Ada
Date: 24 Mar 89 18:42:43 GMT	[thread overview]

I think the real issue is not to make Ada into something it
isn't. It isn't the greatest dynamic prototyping language,
but can still be used to prototype.
Aside from the Ada Guru test of providing in Ada similar
dynamic capabilities that other languages offer, I think we
are missing the real issue of "design" and "requirements".

Once the prototyper has developed a nifty lisp/smalltalk/ai program, take the
"design/requirements" that the prototype generated
and code it up in your favorite type safe language (Ada).
A "design/requirements" shouldn't rely on dynamic typing
(but an implementation may use these feature especially in a prototype).

-- Scott Moody