From: Martin Krischik <krischik@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: ada binding
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 07:52:06 +0100
Date: 2006-02-11T07:52:06+01:00	[thread overview]

sg wrote:

> Well... if this is the only way, so I think that there a very little
> chance for having the wxWindows Ada binding

Or any other binding. I don't think an Ada binding to wxWindows  is more
work then a Fortran 2003 binding would be (once Fortan 2003 becomes
available).

And it's the same for any large C++ library. There are several large
projects for KDE which want to make KDE available to other languages. Most
of those use then C/Proxy class approach as well.

The problem is that the C++ compilation model does not lend itself to
automated generation of binding files. All the #if, #defined and #include
are in the way. At least the usual implementation of #include - the ISO
standard  allows implementations not using a plain text file.

Martin
--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net