From: carol@hpclove.HP.COM (Carol Thompson)
Subject: Re: A belated discovery re: garbage collection
Date: 16 Jan 89 15:59:11 GMT	[thread overview]

Barry Margolin writes:
>I don't know what the references for generational GC's are; recent
>Lisp and Functional Programming Conference proceedings are probably a
>good place to look.
David Ungar did a great deal of work on Generation GC (I think he may
have originated the idea).  The paper "Generation Scavenging:  A
Non-disruptive High Performance Storage Reclamation Algorithm" is in
the Proceedings of the ACM SIGSOFT/SIGPLAN Software Engineering Symposium
on Practical Software Development Environments, April 23-25, 1984, which
was published as the May 1984 issue of both Software Engineering Notes and
SIGPLAN Notices.  I hope that helps.

Carol Thompson