From: Martin Krischik <krischik@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: Is Ada on VAX/VMS Ada 95
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 18:51:55 +0200
Date: 2006-06-27T18:51:55+02:00	[thread overview]

Chris L wrote:

> Larry Kilgallen wrote:
>> If you want an Ada 95 implementation on the VMS operating system,
>> use GNAT Ada 95 for Alpha VMS.  It has many of the VMS-specific
>> capabilities of the original VAX Ada.
>
> I will not be on the VAX for a few months. Is the GNAT Ada 95 compiler
> already on the VAX or do I have to buy and install it?

You have to install it. The GNU Ada project [1] has got one - but it is
horribly out-dated. That does not mean there is no newer version: At work I
have the very latest wavefront GNAT/Pro (Ada 2005) for OpenVMS
available :-).

Don't ask: There is that gentelmen agreement not to redistribute GNAT/Pro
and I do like my job.

Martin

[1] http://gnuada.sf.net
--